Chesty cough relief
Over-the-counter cough medicines that can help relieve your chesty cough usually contain ingredients called mucolytics and expectorants that work on the excess mucus in your airways, making it easier to cough up and clear out. Mucolytics break down and liquefy mucus, while expectorants loosen and thin mucus.
Many over-the-counter cough medicines come as liquids, including the DURO-TUSS Chesty Cough Liquid range. But did you know that DURO-TUSS also offers effective chesty cough relief in tablet form? Tablets provide the convenience of simple and accurate dosage that is portable and easy to take. And they’re a great option for people who don’t like the taste of cough liquids.
So let’s take a look at DURO-TUSS Chesty Forte Cough Tablets, available in a 24 or 60 tablet pack size,to see how they can help relieve your chesty cough and get you back to feeling your best.
What’s inside and how does it help your chesty cough?
- Bromhexine hydrochloride: Bromhexine is a mucolytic that works to break down and clear mucus from the chest.
- Guaiphenesin: Guaiphenesin is an expectorant that helps thin and expel mucus from the chest.
What’s not inside?
DURO-TUSS Chesty Forte Cough Tablets are non-drowsy and free from sugar, alcohol, lactose, and gluten.
What else do you need to know?
- Tablets should be taken with water
- Dosage: for adults and children 12 years and over *, 1 tablet every 4 to 6 hours as required (maximum of 4 tablets daily)
So when that chesty cough is getting in the way of your day, look to DURO-TUSS Chesty Forte Cough Tablets to deliver double action to break down and clear heavy chest congestion – helping you switch off that cough and get you back to feeling your best!
Always read the label and follow the directions for use.
*Do not use it in children under 12 years.
When to see a doctor
While most chesty coughs associated with colds and flu clear up on their own within 3 weeks, you should see a pharmacist or medical professional if:
- Your cough lasts more than 3 weeks
- Your cough gets worse or is troubling you
- You have difficulty breathing, cough up blood or experience chest pain
- You have any other worrying symptoms
If you have cold and flu symptoms follow health advice. For the most up-to-date information, please visit https://www.health.gov.au/health-alerts/covid-19
Natural remedies to help ease a chesty cough
As well as taking over-the-counter medicines such as DURO-TUSS Chesty Forte Cough Tablets to help relieve your cough symptoms, here are some other things you can try while you’re getting back to your normal self:
- Get plenty of rest
- Drink adequate amounts of fluids to stay hydrated
- Take a hot shower or bath – the steamy air may help loosen your mucus
- Consider hot drinks with honey to help soothe your throat and cough
Cough Tablet FAQs
DURO-TUSS Chesty Forte Cough Tablets contain the mucolytic Bromhexine with the expectorant Guaiphenesin to break down and thin mucus to help clear heavy chest congestion and a chesty cough.
You should see a doctor if your chesty cough symptoms persist or get worse after taking cough medicine as directed.
DURO-TUSS Chesty Forte Cough Tablets are a convenient option, giving you a simple and accurate dose in one tablet that’s easy to take with water.
The recommended dose is 1 tablet, every 4-6 hours with a maximum of 4 tablets per day.